Flashing a beautiful smile is one of the best ways to make a good impression on other people and it can do a lot for your own self-confidence too. The problem is that most of us don’t have celebrity-grade smiles, and that can leave us feeling less than positive about the way our teeth and smiles look. The good news: Smile makeovers can help correct cosmetic flaws in your smile in less time than you probably realize. In fact, smile makeovers are so effective in transforming the way people feel about their smiles that they’ve soared in popularity in recent years. If you’ve got a cosmetic problem with your smile that is keeping you from feeling confident about those pearly whites, a smile makeover with one of our dental clinicians could be a great solution.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is just what it sounds like: a treatment or series of treatments designed to make your smile look its absolute best. Today, there are lots of options when it comes to restoring and rejuvenating your smile, and one of the great things about smile makeovers is that they’re entirely customizable. Just as your smile is completely unique to you, the treatments that can eliminate those flaws and imperfections will also be unique. At My Imperial Care, we work closely with patients to create a treatment plan that’s focused on your specific needs and goals.
During your online consultation, you and your consultant will spend time discussing the issues you’d like to have fixed. Your smile and teeth will be evaluated, and our dental clinicians will describe options that can help you eliminate those flaws and enjoy a more beautiful, confident, and healthier-looking smile. Before your online consultation, spend a little time smiling in front of a mirror and make a list of all the issues — yes, even the tiniest ones — you’d like to fix. Having a list prepared beforehand will keep you from forgetting anything and give us a better idea of what your treatment plan should include.
Smile Makeover Treatment Options
Your consultant will work with you to come up with a Smile Makeover plan to meet your unique needs and give you the results you desire. During your initial visit to one of our dental clinicians we will make sure that the dentist will first address oral health concerns to make sure that your mouth is healthy enough for cosmetic treatments. After that, you will work together to decide on the best approach to correcting your smile. A smile makeover may include a combination of any of the following popular smile correction treatments:
- E-MAX™ Veneers are layered, extremely thin sheets of lithium desilicated ceramic that are placed on teeth and bonded in place. Veneers look like natural teeth and instantly brighten, straighten, and even strengthen your smile.
- Invisalign® can be ideal if you need braces but want to straighten your teeth in an inconspicuous way. Your dentist will give you a series of custom-fitted teeth aligner trays that will gradually straighten your smile — all without metal brackets or wires. You can easily remove them during the day to eat, brush and floss.
- Professional teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic dental treatment amongst patients looking to brighten their smile. Whether you need a take-home whitening kit, custom-fitted teeth whitening trays, or in-office teeth whitening treatments, the highly-concentrated whitening gel used in these professional-grade options are much stronger and longer-lasting than drugstore whitening options.
- Fillings have come a long way thanks to modern advancements in dental technologies. If you have old silver fillings, your dentist may be able to replace them with tooth-colored fillings. These fillings are made from composite resin and shaded to match your unique tooth color. The white color will make them virtually invisible to everyone.
- If you have one or a few missing teeth, dental implants can help restore your smile. An implant is a titanium screw that acts as an artificial root for your replacement tooth. The “root” fuses to your jawbone over several months and then a dental crown is attached to it to restore full tooth functionality. Dental implants and crowns are made to look and function just like your natural teeth.
- While dental crowns are mostly used for restorative purposes, they also offer aesthetic uses when you need a smile makeover. Because dental crowns look like natural teeth, they can be used to add length to teeth or cover up flaws like cracks, missing teeth or chips.
- If you have missing teeth, your dentist can close — or bridge — the gaps in your smile with dental bridges. A dental bridge is a false tooth (called a pontic) that is held in place by the abutment teeth on either side of the gap. Although pontics can be made from a variety of materials they are usually made from porcelain to aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth.
Notice: The above listed options are to be used as general guidelines only and all of these dental treatments may not work for everyone. If you think you may be a good candidate for a smile makeover, contact our online consultants for a proper consultation.