My Imperial Care is a facilitator for dental services provided by independent local clinics in Turkey.
This guarantee is provided by the dental clinic and is conditional upon you entering into a contract with the local clinic whereby dental services are provided to you.
Many patients choosing to travel abroad for dental treatment often overlook the dental guarantee. Equally, many clinics do not show the terms and conditions of the guarantee they are offering. Globally, it is not a legal requirement for a dental clinic to provide any form of guarantee. As this is so it is something that should be asked before booking your treatment, as many dental clinics do not offer any form of guarantee. A simple note stating a treatment comes with a 5-year guarantee explains little or nothing in terms of what is actually covered. My Imperial Care prides itself on ensuring patients are provided with a transparent dental guarantee showing the full details of the guarantee terms and conditions, which are written in a language that is easy to understand. Below you will find one of the most extensive guarantees available for patients seeking treatment abroad. The team of Dentists, Surgeons and Dental Technicians make every effort to ensure your treatment is carried out to the highest possible standard. In addition to the standard dental treatment guarantee, we also offer an option for patients to extend their warranty with an insurance for the duration of 6 months or 12 months after completion of the treatment that will cover the cost of return flights up to the single value of € 500 and hotel accomodation for 5 nights up to a value of € 500 since these are not included in the standard guarantee. In case of a failure of the laboratory works the local clinic will cover all necessary dental and laboratory costs to rectify the issue upon your return. In cases of small adjustments, the local clinic may decide to make a single contribution to you having corrective treatment in your home country.
Please be aware that the number of patients needing to return for corrective treatment is very low; however, that said, you can be sure that should you experience any issues you are offered a legitimate guarantee.
The majority of the dental treatments provided by the local clinics are covered by a guarantee. In the event of any defect of dentistry provided by the local clinics in connection with My Imperial Care, included under the terms of the guarantee, necessary remedial works will be provided by the original provider of the dental treatment and at no charge. The guarantee is neither transferable within the group of local clinics or outside it. Charges for any dental treatment whether remedial or otherwise incurred by dental clinics not connected with the local clinics or My Imperial Care will not be reimbursed unless specifically agreed in writing by an authorised representative of My Imperial Care and before such treatment is sought or effected, such authority is not available retrospectively. My Imperial Care is the facilitator of your dental treatment and as such is not to be held liable in any issue arising from the dental treatment. In the event of a dispute My Imperial Care will guide you through the appropriate procedure in order to give effect to the guarantee, subject to its terms and conditions.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE PROVISION OF REMEDIAL TREATMENT, INCLUDING ANY REPLACEMENT OF THE ORIGINAL TREATMENT, DOES NOT EXTEND THE DENTAL GUARANTEE BEYOND ITS INITIAL TERM.
List of treatments covered by guarantee:
Dental Implants – Lifetime Guarantee: The Implant screw itself is guaranteed against fracturing or breaking for a lifetime. If the Dental Implant fails (Global statistics show a 5% failure rate) the clinic will replace it once without charge.
Dental Crowns / Full Veneers – 5 Year Guarantee: Dental Crowns/ Full Veneers and Dental Implant Crowns are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 5 years.
Dental Bridges – 5 Year Guarantee: Dental Bridges are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 5 years.
Dental Laminate Veneers – 3 Year Guarantee: Dental Laminate Veneers are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 3 years.
Dental Lumineers – 3 Year Guarantee: Dental Lumineers are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 3 years.
Dental Fillings – 1 Year Guarantee: Dental Fillings are guaranteed against falling away from your natural tooth for a period of 1 year.
Dental Inlays/ Onlays – 2 Year Guarantee: Dental Inlays and Onlays are guaranteed against breakages, chipping or cement failure for a period of 2 years.
Cosmetic Dentures – 1 Year Guarantee: Cosmetic Dentures are guaranteed against breakages for a period of 1 year.
List of the treatments not covered by guarantee:
Root Canal Treatment: Due to the human body, we are unable to provide any form of guarantee for Root Canal Treatment.
Dental Post: Dental Posts are applied to weak teeth that need added strength and stability. It is often the case that Core Build Up or a Dental Crown is then placed over the post. Due to the human body and the damage that previously occurred to the tooth no form of guarantee is available for this treatment.
Dental Treatment instigated by another Dentist or Clinic: If you have started treatment in another dental clinic and we have been requested to complete the treatment please be aware that as we are not responsible for all of the treatment carried out, should an issue arise there could be a dispute as to which clinic is responsible. We are therefore unable to provide any form of guarantee in this instance.
Please be aware if undergoing the replacement of any part of your dental treatment under the terms of the guarantee, this shall be in the original colour as consented to and signed for when the treatment was originally decided upon and provided. If desiring a colour change, this will only be provided at the full cost.
The Guarantee will be invalidated in the following circumstances:
- If oral hygiene is neglected;
- If the patient does not have a routine dental check-up to include a Panoramic X-Ray and a Scale and Polish at least once a year (invoice required);
- If the Dentists’/ Oral Surgeons’ instructions are not followed;
- If the patient fails to fulfil their payment obligations;
- If subsequent treatment is carried out to the treatment originally effected in the local clinic without prior authorisation (with the exception of Scale and Polish treatments);
- If removable restorations such as partial or full dentures are not kept and maintained properly;
- Temporary teeth by their very nature cannot be guaranteed against for either breakage or the need for re-cementation;
- If the patient’s gum tissue or bone recedes or deteriorates;
- If nail biting is deemed to be a contributing factor to your dental issues;
- Not attending any appointment given by the local dental clinic will void the guarantee in its entirety;
- The patient is involved with contact sports or sporting and associated leisure activities that may cause dental health issues or injury;
- Smoking is a contributing cause to your dental issues;
- The indulging in any activities or drugs that are known to artificially raise or reduce your blood pressure;
- In the event the patient wears tooth/ teeth grillz or jewellery which is attached to the teeth, tongue or lips on a temporary or permanent basis;
- The use of recreational or prescribed drugs or supplements, herbal or otherwise, other than those declared at the time of the dental work carried out;
- In the event of accidental damage, for example dropping the denture or damage by a third party;
- In the event that the same or similar dental issue continues to arise and is therefore considered a recurring or reoccurring issue that may be unrelated to the dentistry itself, the clinic reserves the right to advise you to visit a specialist or a medical professional for further tests that may be directly or indirectly related to dentistry. The responsibility of the costs incurred will be that of the patient. The avoidance of such advice will automatically void your dental guarantee;
- In the event that the Dental Implant migrates to whatever degree;
- In the event that the Bone Grafting is rejected;
- A general illness is present which has or has had adverse effects on the chewing organ, jawbone or tissue to include but not limited to: diabetes, epilepsy, osteoporosis, excessive X-rays, mental disorders or chemotherapy;
- Inappropriate selection of the colour and shape and size of the dental prosthetic or prosthesis by the patient. During the preparation period, patients are given the opportunity to choose their colour preference however, the clinic cannot be held responsible for the decision of the patient if they decide later that they do not like the colour or shape they originally chose;
- Excessive grinding/ bruxism;
- Pregnancy may be the cause of your dental issues;
- Occasionally teeth suffer preparation trauma during crown and bridgework resulting in the need for root canal treatment. The dental clinic is not liable for any issue, which was not visible on the patient’s final x-ray, and was not foreseeable or predictable, at the time of treatment;
- If a substantial gain or loss in weight occurs;
- If a gum shield is provided by the clinic and not worn as advised;
- In the event that the patient was pregnant at the time of treatment and did not disclose their circumstances;
- In the event that the patient is under the age of 18 at the time of treatment and did not disclose their actual age;
- If the patient has been provided with a prescription and the prescription is not obtained or is obtained but not taken as per the instructions provided. In such event, the clinic reserves the right to void any and all aspects of the dental guarantee;
- If the patient fails to return for the completion of dental treatment within 12 months of their last signed consent form, such treatments to include but not limited to, Dental Implants/ Implant Crowns and Dental Bridges after extraction;
- Please note that this guarantee does not cover any other expenses related to travel or accommodation for any agreement.
In order for a patient to benefit from dental treatment covered by the dental guarantee, they must return to the clinic where they received the initial treatment before the guarantee expires. Additionally, the patient should make this return visit within 12 months of informing My Imperial Care of the issue, in writing via email or WhatsApp. If pain is reported and you are advised to return to the local clinic for investigation with a view to corrective treatment being provided as a matter of urgency, your return date should be within 30 days of any recommendation to return. To enable your return, My Imperial Care can provide a letter to your employer stating the need for you to return due to clinical necessity. No contribution towards flight costs (as mentioned in the Guarantee terms) will be made if travel is later than 30 days following the recommendation to return.
Note that we may update our guarantee from time to time. Thus, we advise you to review this page periodically for any changes. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about your dental guarantee, please get in touch with us via email: email@example.com