Many of our patients ask if they are suitable for Mommy Makeover surgery. Of course this is not only about the actual desire for surgery on the part of the patient but must also take into consideration any medical and psychological concerns too.
The following are usually considerations for this kind of surgery:
- Patients who may feel unhappy with their bodies after having children;
- No plans to have further children;
- Have maintained a concerted effort to diet and exercise to remove excess fat with little or no success;
- Normal body mass index (BMI);
- Have a steady body weight;
- Patients who would like to improve the appearance of unwanted stretchmarks (striae) or scars;
- Patients who would like to improve the appearance of their post-pregnancy breasts;
- Are relatively fit and healthy with no significant past medical history;
- Have realistic expectations for the procedure;
- Patients must not trivialise the cosmetic surgery process;
- Are emotionally ready for surgery.
Please note that our surgeons will consider all patients for surgery but they may recommend that you are not suitable.