The Brazilian Bum Lift otherwise known as Buttock Augmentation or BBL surgery is a cosmetic surgery fast raising in popularity all over the world thanks to some very famous celebrities undergoing the procedure.
It enhances the volume of the bum and allows the crafting of the desirable shape of the buttocks via a method called liposculpture.
If you feel less confident on the beach or in swimsuit this might be the right cosmetic procedure to restore your confidence and achieve your desired body image.
The best candidates for a Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian Butt Lift can be a great option to improve the shape and size of the buttocks, however, certain patients are better suited to the procedure, and it is important to have realistic expectations about the surgery, recovery, and results. In general, you are likely a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift if you agree with the following:
- You want a buttock augmentation without implants;
- You have good skin tone in the hips and buttocks;
- You have adequate fat stores in other areas to harvest for injection into the buttocks;
- You are willing and able to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for several weeks.
Despite its name, a Brazilian Butt Lift is not a traditional “lifting” procedure. It does not address loose skin on the buttocks. If you are bothered by excess, sagging skin on the buttocks or thighs, Thigh and/or Buttock lift surgery may be a more suitable option.
A Brazilian Butt Lift involves three basic steps:
- Fat is removed from the hips, lower back, thighs, abdomen, and/or other areas with liposuction.
- The extracted fat is purified and prepared for transfer.
- The cosmetic surgeon injects fat into specific points on the buttocks to increase volume and improve shape.
Surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure, using general anesthesia or intravenous sedation and local anesthesia. It is typical for a portion of the injected fat not to “take” in its new location. Our experienced cosmetic surgeons take this into account and may initially inject a slightly greater amount of fat into the buttocks than is needed to ensure your final results most closely achieve your goals.