- Mon-Sat 10:00 – 19:00
UK: +44 33 3303 1069
TR: +90 542 512 51 64
Ask the Experts
All-on-8 Dental Implants
A dental implant is a very delicate cosmetic procedure that requires the insertion of an artificial fixture in the jaw bone, in order to replace a damaged tooth. There are many factors that can make or break a successful dental implant procedure, such as: the general health condition of the patient, the local health condition of the mucous membranes and the jaws and the shape, size, and position of the bones of the jaws, adjacent and opposing teeth. Also, people with various diseases (diabetes, gum diseases), heavy smokers and those with poor dental hygiene, are at a much greater risk of a failed dental implant.
Choosing the right dental implant specialist can be a tough decision to make. First of all, experience is a key aspect. After that come the qualifications: dental implantology, orthodontics, cosmetic/plastic surgery and maxilo-facial surgery.
All on 8 Dental Implants
An All-on-8 implant system is a good option for patients living with edentulism (toothlessness), as it can be implemented for upper and lower restorations. The system is usually recommended for patients who have lost more than 80% of their natural teeth. The system can also be used to replace multiple teeth that are periodontally compromised.
The All-on-8 dental implants are similar to that of All-on-4 and All-on-6 dental implants. Like the All-on-4 and All-on-6 dental implants that utilize 4 and 6 implants respectively on each arch, this system uses eight false roots per arch to hold the full row of false teeth.
The implants inserted into the jawbone work as anchors for a permanent and non-removable dental bridge of between 12 to 14 crowns (teeth). A fixed hybrid bridge, made out of porcelain fused to metal bridge or zirconium bridge, is permanently cemented over these titanium roots.
Advantages of All-on-8 Dental implants
All-on-8 is one of the most successful techniques to replace missing teeth. It offers multiple benefits to the patients including:
- A lovely smile – With dental implant treatments you can replicate your natural teeth, giving you a lovely smile to flaunt confidently. The artificial teeth designed to match the colour and shape of your existing teeth, making it difficult for anyone to notice.
- Freedom to eat any food – All-on-8 dental implants don’t require you to give up on your favourite food as they function like your natural teeth. They give you the freedom to eat hard or chewy food without any worries.
- Comfort and stability – Dental implants are fixed to the jaw bone which is why they are stable and comfortable. Other teeth restoration options may not provide stability like the All-on-8 Dental implants.
- Durability – If looked after carefully, dental implants can last a lifetime. Good oral hygiene can keep your implants looking and feeling like new forever.
Before receiving an All-on-8, the patient needs to have enough bone to support the implants. If there is not enough bone, then a bone graft is needed. An All-on-8 requires more bone and more bone strength than an All-on-4.
- In the first stage of All-on-8, the dental implants are placed into the jawbone. You will also receive removable temporary teeth to use during the next 3 to 6 months.
- In the first 3 to 6 months following the procedure, the mouth will be healing and the bone and gums changing shape to adapt to the new fixture. In this time patients should exercise caution eating hard or very chewy foods. Patients should expect considerable discomfort and swelling after the procedure. The pain usually subsides after a week of healing.
- Finally, once the implants have healed, you will revisit us in Antalya to receive your permanent solution in the form of a fixed dental bridge.
If you have insufficient bone density, we may complete a bone grafting either simultaneously with the impant procedure or before the implant procedure.
Should you get the cheapest package or the most expensive one? Do you even need 8 implants or will 2 suffice according to the state of your mouth and remaining teeth? Consult one of our online consultants on WhatsApp number +90 542 512 51 64 to inquire which one is best for your mouth and which one you can afford. There’s no universal answer that suits all patients. It depends on your situation and sometimes your best bet is to get removable dentures because you’re either too old to undergo this type of surgery or because you don’t have any bone tissue left to build on.
With the all-on procedure, it’s like having 4-8 roots that go into your jaw while the rest of the teeth hang right above the gums. Thus, when flossing, you need a special type of floss to clean the new unusual gaps between the prosthetic teeth hanging above the gums. There’s no need to spend money on implants for every lost tooth. Any remaining healthy teeth you have can serve as posts that will reduce the amount of implants needed for your complete row of teeth.
- Our professionals are highly trained at universities within the country.
- We provide all dental services at the same clinic: dental specializations, image diagnostics, operating room.
- Your hotel accommodation, VIP transportation to and from the airport and to and from the clinic are free of charge, to make your stay in Antalya more fruitful and pleasant.
- We support our dental implants with a lifetime warranty.
- We support our crowns and bridges with 5 years warranty.
- You will have your own personal guide and/or medical coordinator available 24/7 to help and assist you in anything you might need before, during and after your treatments. Since your medical coordinator can speak multiple languages they will also be your personal translator which will help you break the language barriere.