DHI hair transplantation is the most advanced hair transplantation technique. At the beginning of the century it became the latest technique that evolved out of the FUT-Strip technique. It was developed by the same team who introduced the FUE technique. In 2010, research in hair transplantation led to the development of Direct Hair Implantation (DHI), and today, Direct Hair Implantation® has been widely performed worldwide as a technique that makes patients hopes and expectations come true.
With DHI hair transplantation or Direct Hair Implantation, the hair follicles are individually placed in sparse areas on the scalp. Each hair follicle is placed in a certain direction, angle and depth, providing 100% natural results and maximum applicability thanks to DHI-patented instruments.
The entire procedure is carried out by our trained and certified doctors in Antalya, under strict DHI quality standardization protocols set up to achieve excellent results every time.
Suitable candidates for DHI Hair Transplantation
Weither a patient is suitable for DHI Hair Transplantation is conclusively determined after examination of both the donor hair area as well as the recipient area.
It is however possible to give some general guidelines to give an idea on who will or can make a suitable candidate for this procedure:
- During the procedure donor hair is harvested from a different area on the patient’s scalp. This means that the hair coat on the donor area should have an appropriate density. If you don’t have sufficient hair-growth in the donor area (just above the neck), grafts can be taken from the beard area. And if the density of the beard is not sufficient, sometimes chest-hair can be used as well.
- Technically DHI hair transplantation can be applied to all suitable patients starting from the age of 18 and upwards. However since hair loss in between the age of 18 to 25 is quite unpredictable, we reccomend to perform this procedure on patients aged over 25.
- People with thicker hair usually achieve better results than people with thinner hair. This is because thicker hair gives each hair follicle more coverage.
- Patients with hair loss in only one region are usually the best candidates for the DHI technique. Especially since use of the DHI technique enables a very dense implantation of hairs.
- People with light hair or with a hair color close to their skin tone often achieve the best results.
- DHI Hair transplantation is known to be applicable to straight and thick Asian type of hairs, since DHI was originally developed in that part of the world. However it can just as easily be used to transplant thinner and curly hair types.
During the extraction of the hair follicles, each hair follicle is extracted one by one from the donor area using a specially designed disposable instrument with a diameter of 1 mm or less. The follicles are then preserved at a certain temperature, in a solution that improves the quality of the grafts without separating, cutting or generally touching them.
In the insertion step, the hair follicles are implanted directly into the area where the hair loss occurs, using a patented tool called DHI Implanter which has a diameter of 1 mm or less, without forming a hole or slot.
With DHI hair transplantation, full control of the placement depth, direction and angle of each graft ensures 100% natural results and maximum applicability.