- Mon-Sat 10:00 – 19:00
UK: +44 33 3303 1069
TR: +90 542 512 51 64
Ask the Experts
DHI hair transplantation is the most advanced hair transplantation technique. At the beginning of the century it became the latest technique that evolved out of the FUT-Strip technique. It was developed by the same team who introduced the FUE technique. In 2010, research in hair transplantation led to the development of Direct Hair Implantation (DHI), and today, Direct Hair Implantation® has been widely performed worldwide as a technique that makes patients hopes and expectations come true.
With DHI hair transplantation or Direct Hair Implantation, the hair follicles are individually placed in sparse areas on the scalp. Each hair follicle is placed in a certain direction, angle and depth, providing 100% natural results and maximum applicability thanks to DHI-patented instruments.
The entire procedure is carried out by our trained and certified doctors in Antalya, under strict DHI quality standardization protocols set up to achieve excellent results every time.
Suitable candidates for DHI Hair Transplantation
Weither a patient is suitable for DHI Hair Transplantation is conclusively determined after examination of both the donor hair area as well as the recipient area.
It is however possible to give some general guidelines to give an idea on who will or can make a suitable candidate for this procedure:
- During the procedure donor hair is harvested from a different area on the patient’s scalp. This means that the hair coat on the donor area should have an appropriate density. If you don’t have sufficient hair-growth in the donor area (just above the neck), grafts can be taken from the beard area. And if the density of the beard is not sufficient, sometimes chest-hair can be used as well.
- Technically DHI hair transplantation can be applied to all suitable patients starting from the age of 18 and upwards. However since hair loss in between the age of 18 to 25 is quite unpredictable, we reccomend to perform this procedure on patients aged over 25.
- People with thicker hair usually achieve better results than people with thinner hair. This is because thicker hair gives each hair follicle more coverage.
- Patients with hair loss in only one region are usually the best candidates for the DHI technique. Especially since use of the DHI technique enables a very dense implantation of hairs.
- People with light hair or with a hair color close to their skin tone often achieve the best results.
- DHI Hair transplantation is known to be applicable to straight and thick Asian type of hairs, since DHI was originally developed in that part of the world. However it can just as easily be used to transplant thinner and curly hair types.
During the extraction of the hair follicles, each hair follicle is extracted one by one from the donor area using a specially designed disposable instrument with a diameter of 1 mm or less. The follicles are then preserved at a certain temperature, in a solution that improves the quality of the grafts without separating, cutting or generally touching them.
In the insertion step, the hair follicles are implanted directly into the area where the hair loss occurs, using a patented tool called DHI Implanter which has a diameter of 1 mm or less, without forming a hole or slot.
With DHI hair transplantation, full control of the placement depth, direction and angle of each graft ensures 100% natural results and maximum applicability.
- With DHI hair transplantation, patients do not have to shave their head completely before the procedure if they wish.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) treatment is suitable for both male and female patients.
- In most cases, patients can go back to work the next day after the session.
- In cases of excessive hair loss and when the hairs on the back of the head are not sufficient to cover the recipient area, it is possible to use face and body hair.
- Since the implanted hair will not fall out, a long-term medication is not required. However, medications are recommended to prevent thinning and loss of existing hair.
It takes 12 months to see complete results and full hair growth, but results including anterior hairline treatment become visible within two months.
Unlike other hair transplantation methods – such as FUE and FUT (Strip) – with Direct Hair Implantation, there are no cuts or holes in the recipient area. The hair follicles are implanted directly into the area with the patented DHI Implanter tool. This allows full control of the depth, direction, and angle of placement of each graft. As opposed to other hair transplantation methods, DHI or Direct Hair Implantation method does not include scalpels, receiving incisions or stitches. Follicular hair units are extracted one by one using a specially designed disposable instrument with a diameter of 1 mm or less to avoid trauma to the area.
With DHI Direct Hair Implantation, there is no transformation of hair follicles to avoid the risk of necrotic debris and also to avoid the effects of being out of their natural environment for a long time. Instead, the hair follicles extracted with DHI Direct Hair Implantation are placed directly and maintained at a certain temperature and in a solution that increases their growth after placement. It is performed by highly experienced surgeons and teams specialized in this field. DHI Hair Transplantation provides 100% safe, natural results with maximum applicability.
Following a DHI Hair transplant, the first few days after the procedure the patient can expect mild swelling in the forehead area which usually begins on day three and will completely dissolve in a few days. The patient also develops small blood crusts at the transplanted area and these are expected to fall out completely after the 10th day.
The patient is expected to resume his/her daily activities within 48 hours after the procedure, however strenuous activities needs to be avoided for up to 4 weeks. Shedding of the implanted hairs is to be expected within a couple of weeks and will then begin to re-grow after 3 to 4 months. The final results will typically be seen 12 months after the procedure, however by the fifth to sixth month the patient can expect to see considerable new hair growth.